Claim your free Funeral Plan comparison & Quote
What’s usually included in a Funeral Plan:
- Transport of the body to the funeral director’s location
- Care of the body
- Visiting the body in a chapel of rest
- A coffin, hearse and funeral director personnel
What’s sometimes included, depending on the plan:
- Doctors’ fees (totalling £164 and needed for cremations outside Scotland)
- Minister’s or celebrant’s fees
- Limousines for mourners
- Complete fees for the crematorium
What’s generally not included in a funeral plan:
- Funeral notices
- Order of service
- Buying a burial plot (this can cost £1,000s) and some burial fees
- Flowers, catering and other costs for a wake
- A head stone/memorial
Always check exactly what is and isn’t included in the plan before you buy, as every plan has its differences.
Why Choose Forward Plan for your Funeral Plan Quote
Did You Know The Cost Of Funerals Has Doubled in The Last 10 Years?
How Much ARe Funerals?
Unfortunately when a close friend or relative passes, this can be a tough time. Add to this complexities of notification, probate and arranging a funeral when you had not discussed the deceased wishes, only adding additional stress.
The cost of funerals is increasing at an above inflation rate. in 2004 the cost of an average funeral was £1,920, today that cost is £4,300 and it is expected to be £7,049 by 2026. Thats why increasing numbers of people are now taking out funeral plans so they know most of the cost of their funeral has been covered before they die, to ensure their family isn’t left to foot a hefty bill.
Here at Forward Plan we help you work out if a plan is right for you and if so, what sort. Please feel free to complete the details below to receive a free quotation on the a pre-paid funeral plan.